I've made a couple of pairs of socks before, with a straightforward beginner pattern, but this was a little more complex, with wavy edges, and a little lacy pattern, which I never quite got to grips with.
In early June, I finished the first sock (hooray!) and cast on the second, which I then ignored for a considerable number of weeks. Fortunately, when I picked it up again, I still hadn't quite got the lacy bit of the pattern right, and so the second sock turned out just as puckery and wavy as the first one.
Finally, this week, I finished the pair (you can see I'm not one for matching the stripes on each sock).
Sadly, I can't remember which book the pattern was from, which isn't that sad really as I'm not sure I'd recommend it. I mean, these were quite fun to knit, and relatively straightforward if you've knit socks before, but there were several points where the pattern was quite unclear and I had to make an educated guess (and not always the right one).
Still, a cheerful new pair of cosy socks just in time for the weather to turn. Hooray! And if you're related to me, I'm sorry but given that it's taken me on average 3 months a sock, you probably won't be getting a pair of these for Christmas...